Sunday, February 26, 2017

Intermission

Since I've finished the Prussian guns, I've got to decide what I'm working on next.  I'm in the process of cleaning and priming some Landwehr cavalry and another batch of reserve infantry.  While I'm trying to figure that out I've decided to finish up an uncompleted project that's been sitting on my desk for quite a while.

This of course is a Tiger tank.  I started it several months ago preparing for a game weekend with the guys.  I didn't finish it because I had a Microsol spill and when I went to buy a replacement I couldn't source any in town.  There was a series of calamities with the local hobby shop where they said they were bringing it in from another store, ordering it, sold and reordered, etc.  I wasn't about to pay the Amazon.com double MSRP price and eventually I was out of town with a few minutes to spare and managed to stop in at a store that had a bottle on hand.  

Yes, it is gray.  I wanted to paint something gray, simple as that.  I worked on some color modulation with the airbrush and finally got the decals on,  Once I got the decals on it should be quick to finish. 

Here she is after I applied a filter using 76.524 Blue Grey Vallejo Model Wash.  I like the effect, although it doesn't show well in the image. 



Here she is after 76.516 Grey Vallejo Model Wash.  She's still a bit wet as I just applied it but I think the filters have added a good bit of depth to the colors.

Tomorrow I'll paint the details and start the weathering process.  

No comments:

Post a Comment